2018 Photo Contest Rules: Cottage Adventures
Mission of the South Channel Photo Contest:
To promote community and to create a visual history for future generations.
Themes of Cottage Adventure:
- Adventures of all kinds with family, friends, and pets
- Encounters with animals
- Visions of land, trees, rocks, sky and water, as well as reflective moments
A panel of judges will select first, second and third place for each category, based on originality, creativity, technical competence, and a compelling portrayal of the theme. Winning entries will be recognized and published in the fall edition of On The Waterfront. Winners will be notified by email no later than September 30th,, 2018.
- To enter the contest you must be an individual or family member with a current South Channel Association membership.
- Immediate family members of judges are not permitted to enter.
- Photos must be taken between September 5, 2017 and midnight of September 3, 2018, Labour Day.
- Photos must be submitted by midnight , September 3, 2018, Labour Day.
- The file MUST be between 2MB and 5MB to qualify for judging and publishing.
1. Youth,18 and under: Adventures on the Archipelago
2. Adult, 19 and over: Adventures on the Archipelago
The Archipelago refers to the South Channel and the nearby outer islands often visited by our members.
Participants must abide by all guidelines listed below.
- You must have consent of the people who are in the photograph.
- One entry per individual.
- Give the photograph a short title.
- Simple colour and tonal corrections may be made in the file. Advanced compositional editing of files is not allowed.
- Submit a digital jpeg file between 2MB and 5MB to qualify for judging and publishing.
By entering the contest, the winners agree to the use of their photos by the SCA in its publications and posters. Credit will be given to the photographer. The SCA will communicate only the first names of those photos taken by those under 19.
The South Channel Association reserves the right to amend contest rules on an annual basis.